b58 engine reliability

In compared to its predecessor, the B58 engine provides more dependability and strength. Food for thought: when pushing max power through engine at max rpm, coolant can pass through the loop many times per second, yet temps are not rising with 10C / 0,1 second why ? When your BMW B58's PCV valve fails, or is nearing failure, one of the most common symptoms is smoke coming from your exhaust. JavaScript is disabled. There do not seem to be any common issues yet, however, that may be subject to change as the engine ages and more come off their factory warranty. Car done 150k now, and pipes that I replaced are still right colour, original coolant pump still works OK and I have zero issues with overheating and coolant temp when idle fluctuates at 110 117 C. From what Ive seen at the dyno where some inexperienced or know better then the test schedule requirements technician used pure water for cooling on endurance or long term emission tests, cooling pump seals and joint between shaft and plastic prop would fail first but on my car it was not the case so far, so as usual T&C applies, your milage may vary. Developed & Maintained by Which engine is more reliable, the N55 or the B58? However, it can be hard to catch with this symptom alone, as the B58 also has other oil consumption issues. It manages a respectable 322-382hp and 332-369 lb-ft from the factory. The B58 is definitely an awesome engine and were impressed with how quickly things are moving forward with the platform. Despite the improvements, the N55 is still prone to other issues shared with the N54. For more information, check ourdisclosure. Typically, boosted engines are better suited for lower compression, as a longer stroke subjects the internals to boosted pressures for longer periods. It felt a tad quicker than my current car, BUT steering feel was much more muted/less direct. BMW's B58 and S55 engines are newer, so more issues may pop up down the road. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Ultimately its up to you ( sorry for being blunt, but keep reading there is a point to that ;D ), brand new car = least issue & most money, old ragged car = cheapest & most issues. To cut right to the chase, I love the direction the BMW B58 is going. DIY everything $300 to $750 a year It has honestly amazingly smooth power delivery and sounds better. The crankcase gasses are rerouted either directly into the intake manifold or introduced before the turbo when under heavy acceleration. And if they are, can the transmission ratio be changed? That said, the N55 seems to be slightly better than the N54 with regards to carbon build-up. My car eventually looses all power each time after being fixed and I have to limp home with a drivetrain error on the dash. Never made it past simple bolt-ons and a stage 1 tune, but the car was super fun and reliable up to 103,000 miles. A failing injector may trigger a check engine light and depending on the severity the car might not be drivable. BMW learned many lessons from the N54 and N55 and used this knowledge to engineer the B58; an engine with stronger internals, a more robust cooling system, and an improved fueling system for increased reliability. Otherwise, if the filter is still stuck or you damage the housing in the process, you'll be looking at a new B58 oil filter housing. Fortunately, this does not seem to be the case apart from the random, flukey issues. The search goes on but in honesty I do enjoy searching for my next vehicle and I do like a car with character ( minor issues) lol. perhaps look for a used Audi 4 wheel drive convertible. Deposits can cause misfires and power loss. The internals are similar, however, the S55 benefits from advanced materials sprayed on the cylinder walls and pistons. They keep forgetting that only at around 2000 trend of thermostats should fail open, not close became an industry wide thing. Why not? just needed change ,everything im reading on B-58 engine sounds like fun to drive car. Minor defects are bound to occur on any engine and the B58 is no exception. Required fields are marked*. We appreciate the input and you bring up some potentially valid points. Why? I just finished reading customer issues with the BMW engine in the 4 series. One dependable BMW engine, the N52 inline-6 featured in the E90 325i, 328i, and 330i, has already been covered in detail. Well, I have N54 running 550whp on td04s. Though, it may be excessive on lower mileage B58's. Did this fix the problem? Although the B58 uses similar rubber VCG's, the engine has one advantage. Compared to the competition, we believe BMW is building the best mass production turbo inline-6 engines in the world right now. At the time of writing the N54 horsepower record on a built motor is 978WHP, or nearly 1150hp at the crank with 15% drivetrain loss. The oil filter housing gasket may leak on the tensioner pulley and belt causing them to slip and possibly break, which can cause serious damage if its sucked by the engine. My m140i has now been back to the dealers 3 times in the last 9 days.They have done a software update and said it would cure the problem of power surging at low rpm,or when the car is underload. The B58 oil filter is prone to shearing at the bottom. Most B58 owners will have a trouble-free ownership experience and spend less on maintenance than if you were driving a N55-powered BMW. So much too learn, so little time. Copyright 2021 - 2023 BMW Tuning LLC. Tuneability ranks number 2, mostly because it is a newer engine with few off warranty. Yes Im in the UK John. Reliability scores the highest marks compared to the N54, N55, and S55. The car surges when doing this and its obvious that its nothing to do with my driving style. From day one of delivery, I have often smelled coolant. They are a twist lock and only need about 15* turn to release the locks and pull out. This increases performance by. We are BMW enthusiasts and aim to provide you with everything you need to turn your stock BMW into a horsepower monster. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Lastly, issues with waste-gate rattle were mostly resolved on the N55. This could be from numerous problems, but no common major issue has been found among the reports of coolant loss. Acnam Infotech, BMW Tuning - BMW Performance & Tuning Guides, News, Videos. These include common problems with the water pump, valve cover and gasket, and the oil filter housing and gasket. The BMW B58 engine is a turbo 3.0L inline-6 that was first introduced to BMW models in 2016. B58 Reliability: I hear it will be good long term. Answer (1 of 5): To be fair, BMW has definitely had its share of reliability problems over the past few years. Your email address will not be published. We were surprised to find this is not uncommon on other BMW engines, too. Stupid technicians, or cheap skates that mix coolant with distilled water cause cooling system boiling point to fall. BMW replaced it under warranty as one would expect. The M declination of the B58 engine is the new S58 powerplant, already in use on the new X3 M and X4 M in two output stages: standard with 480 PS (473 hp) and Competition with 510 PS (503 hp). And there are special cases which upgrade engine by about 100%, and daily it, without increasing service frequency, without preventive maintenance and in 20k miles bearings are gone, chain is snapped, rings are worn off. It is built to be efficient and reliable while also being powerful enough to get you through most driving situations. Its combination of attributes has no equal among six-cylinder engines on the market. Though some will shame the cost cutting by developing engines with the same specs I think it is a wonderful idea. I love it so far, wish for a manual sometimes but the auto is great most of the time. On the forums you can see logs people recorded showing DME demand and the position feedback chasing it. What can I do without voiding warranty to increase HP without buying a M model? First, the B58TU1 is available in "ML" (middle output) or "OL" (high output). Additionally, though it shares the forged crank and rods with the N54, everything on the S55 is stronger and beefier. We also think the B58 should hold up a bit better as it ages. Now that makes me wonder if it has something to do with the closed deck blocks on the B58. TuningPro.co is owned and operated by 8020 Media. Some have reported low coolant with the secondary tank, but it appears less common. From my understanding it is a fine engine.Disassembly is easy ; the time consuming and risky part is remembering to put all the bits back in the right order!Main costs of maintenance will be consumables such as tyres and brakes. It will save you tone of money in unnecessary repairs bills. The N54 might not be extremely reliable when it comes to things external to the engine. when removing the reservoir cap, I noticed a bunch of crustiness. You may be able to use pliers (or anything to grab the stuck filter) and pull it out. Have a good holiday weekend if youre in the US. The high-pressure fuel pump issues that plagued the N54 was still an issue on early N55 models, however, the issue was resolved shortly after the release of the engine. Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links. (4.2 l)My '06 TJ has the 4.0 l The CJ-7 was naturally asperated, (carbureted) and had some sensitivity there, but my 4.0 l is fuel injected and has been rock solid! Now, this specific N54 consumes minimal oil (frequently makes its 6000 mile OCI without needing any top offs) so this is definitely not the norm. Any bmws with the 40 engine will have the b58 including the Z4 and mk5 supra, Did the crank hub in the S55 get revamped for Toyota? Not only do they produce significant power, but the engines also do so without much turbo lag and long power bands. Im not convinced there isnt a secondary issue. Lets look at both engines in detail to find out why the N55 is not as reliable as the new B58. Good luck with finding the issue with yours. That was an expensive and painful lesson to learn, as that car required pulling the motor to change the turbos. It makes hellcat owners cry all day, every day. Im new to all of this. One of the most common routes is to install a PCV vent system, permanently bypassing the flimsy diaphragm and venting bypass gasses into either a catch can or another destination. Ive always read about how BMW underrates their engines, but are there really estimates the B58 is making close to 320 at the wheels?! BMW techs dont seem to know how to resolve this. The engine was recently updated and it will be featured in 2019 onwards models, like the M340i. Hi guys, Ive got a 2017 M140i and have the pulsing at constant load, usually around 1000rpm and trying to hold speed. B58 is obviously a winner. Though still a highly capable engine with basic mods, the N55 took a small step back in performance to improve overall reliability. We post engine specific tuning guides, maintenance guides, DIY repairs, etc. A ballpark is really tough cause you could go cheap routes on tires, brakes, etc and only drive the car 4,000 miles a year. After replacing it he enjoys the car again and issue is rectified. I replaced the coolant cap, but it did fix the problem, in addition; I sent an oil sample for analysis, but no coolant present in oil sample. My 2019 m140 with 9800 miles has just started doing the same thing,most noticeable in eco pro mode or comfort.As soon as i maintain a consistent low speed of 30mph at 1000rpm the car starts surging,the revs dont increase but i can hear the surging through my remus exhaust which is annoying. For that reason, the B58 scores the worst value rating. ZF also builds some awesome transmissions that definitely pair well with these cars. Fortunately, BMW learned its lesson on the N54 and focused on improving the reliability of its future turbo engines. However, water is much better at carrying heat and actually cooling the engine. Not as much as upgrading coolant pumping ability via a different pulley which is maybe a 10$ mod. Many B58 owners are experiencing low coolant in the main tank. Additionally, it receives the forged crank and rods as with the N54. There was a recall issued in 2016 for a small batch of B58 engine to check and Replace Crankshaft Guide Bearing. However, a couple quick notes that are imperative to keep in mind: B58 coolant loss appears a common problem, but it seems minor in most cases. This engine was manufactured by BMW in 2015 and was still in use. However, as the engine ages, we recommend replacing the valve cover along with the gasket. If possible, How much would it cost? 350-400whp will require at least a decent set of performance tires. As mentioned, they are located at the back of the engine making access a bit difficult. The N55 has proven to be a reliable engine but is edged out by the B58. In fact, it may not have an equal among all engines on the. Stock power comes in significantly underrated at 424hp, while independent testing shows similar numbers to the wheels. Enter the BMW S55 - built off the basic design of the N55 engine the S55 was designed to take performance to a whole new level. Required fields are marked*. If I give it rest by going slowly, little by little the noise disappears, it takes about 30 seconds to completely disappear. Currently stock on stage 1. Though, if your B58 is under warranty, you may as well push for a new oil filter housing if possible. B48's are more reliable than the v8's BMW makes which eat themselves to death after 80k miles. Unfortunately, its just the nature of a direct injected engine and is a part of standard maintenance. Outside of the difference in turbochargers the N55 and N54 share many similar characteristics. BMW B58 Reliability. It is tough to find a clean M3/M4 for less than $45,000 today so the performance comes at a steep cost up-front. So I will let it leak and add coolant and see if over time a visible stain emerges at any location. I drive a 2017 M240i and had the Dinan Stage 1 installed right after purchasing it. This can result in oil-rich gasses being pumped into the intake manifold. With that being said, there are some shared issues between the three engines, like VANOS solenoid failure and oil filter issues. Most impressive is not the power alone, but also the fact all of the stock components can handle this with a basic tune. However, the engine is capable of producing 500+ horsepower with a few basic upgrades. Thats really hard to put a number on since it can vary so much. **Ranks are as compared between the four turbo, inline 6 engines**. Just go hard more. The B58 has proven to be the most reliable modern BMW engine, perhaps as reliable as the naturally-aspirated N52. Hello, I own F20 120i 2018 with B48 engine (184hp). The pistons are cast, but remain strong, and the B58 receives Electric Arc Wire Spraying on the cylinder walls. or these are minor for this strong engine? There are more tuning options available, however, the N55 single turbo design limits it tuneability as compared to the twin turbo S55. We are hoping to soon add an F80 M3 and F82 M4 GTS. Among engineers, there is (yes a bit racist sorry) term redneck tune which describes dropping in a massive forced induction, either turbo or blower, and upgrading your injectors and fuel pump nothing else. Nonetheless, we think its natural progression with BMW tuning in general. Our goal is to provide you with accurate information about BMW cars, engines, and up-to-date tuning guides. Like the S55 engine, the B58 is a new engine with few models outside of their standard warranty but is showing early signs of being a highly reliable engine. Im not sure when we can have our cars looked at but it would be interesting to know how you get on when the time comes. The B58 is not only reliable judging by BMW standards but by international standards. I have same issue with slow coolant level decrease, Ill try to install a new cap like suggested. Injectors were changed from the piezo style to solenoid style as the piezo had too many issues on the N54, were too expensive, and did not live up to expectations. Our site is dedicated to all things BMW Tuning related. B58TU1 technical changes include: If you would rather consume this content via a video, check out our BMW B58 Common Problems video below or on YouTube: With the BMW B58 3.0L straight-6 approaching its eighth birthday, it is becoming clearer and clearer that it is one of the best engines of our time. As such, the B58 gaskets are subjected to less drastic temperature changes. This is a misconception. It cost about 180 Euro. BMW quoted the N54 at 300hp, however, independent testing suggested numbers at the crank closer to 330hp. Rear mounted VANOS and timing chain. You can say we are somewhat N54 fanatics. Two of our N54's are nearing 120,000 miles on original VANOS components. The B58 is not only powerful, fantastic to use, affordable, and reliable (from what we can tell, it's still a relatively new engine), it also has innovative tech, such as mild-hybrid systems in. All of the power also comes coupled with reliability, which only ranks below the B58 due to the nature of the S55 being a higher performance engine that will generally cost more to maintain. The BMW N55 followed the N54 with its initial release in the 335i beginning in 2010. The B58 is not showing the same flaws seen in the early years of the N55. Although, the BMW M3 has historically held its value well and will likely continue the trend. Im experiencing the same as you when the car is under load. Not quite sure wether its a B58 or still the N55 thougj.. any ideas? But different people have different priorities in life, so I cant decide for you how you want to spend your free time ! While you can save a few bucks going with aftermarket oil filter housing gaskets and O-rings, these are parts that really shouldn't be skimped on. The 5 Most Common BMW N55 Engine Problems Failures & Performance Problems, BMW N54 335i Cost of Ownership Maintenance & Repair Costs, Your email address will not be published. Certain G series models began receiving the updated B58TU1 in 2019. Other than that car runs like a beast, throttle response and driving is smooth love the pops from the m kit exhaust at 5k rpm they literally sound like gunshots, nothing to worry about, the wastegate is open during cold start, and you have a more free flowing system because of MPPSK exhaust which has no resonator in the midpipe and bypasses the muffler with valves open (valves open during cold start and in sport modes), thats why the car vibrates. Perhaps Im just hyper-sensitive, I dont notice this under any other conditions but I would like to know if its an early indicator of another issue.. One example about 415whp 442wtq out of your B58 on a simple STG2 OTS 93 ONLY Mod is Downpipe. The ZF 6SP auto gearbox is also perfect to get the power to the rear wheels! You are using an out of date browser. Of course, we are biased towards BMWs here at BMWtuning.co, but we fell in love with these modern turbo BMW engines for a reason. The BMW B58 is a turbocharged straight-six engine, which began production in 2015. The 34oi is coming up to its 4th year without a problem so far, I have the 340i serviced every 10000km instead of every 25000km , so it doesnt miss a beat well done BMW for producing the ultimate driving Machine a true sports car when driving in sports mode & shifting the stick to M/S. Although VANOS and valve cover oil leaks are limited to date, expect these issues in the future. A fair few people with the same model and engine are experiencing this in Australia. https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/01/18/bmw-b58-six-cylinder-engine-wins-second-10-best-engines-award-from-wardsauto/, https://bmwtuning.co/the-4-most-common-bmw-b58-engine-problems/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbc4Hs-G9Rc, https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/12/fiat-chrysler-patent-turbo-inline-six-engine/, https://moparinsiders.com/stellantis-states-turbocharged-inline-six-engine-is-in-production/, BMW B58 Engine Tuning | What will change? Acnam Infotech, BMW Tuning - BMW Performance & Tuning Guides, News, Videos. Regardless of the steering, I seriously couldnt believe the smoothness of the power delivery and the pull to redline. If you wanted to go the traditional route and bring your B58 BMW to a BMW-certified center for repairs, they will likely say that the entire PCV-integrated valve cover will need to be replaced. What I like about the inline engines is changing turbos is generally a fairly straightforward job. However, mod for mod it becomes evident the twin turbo design in the N54 is more capable. Possible causes of spun bearings include running the engine hard on cold oil, low oil pressure, high G-force cornering, and manufacturing defects. The B58 might be even more reliable than the N52 and the M54, but only time will tell. Reading your other articles should I assume the upgraded crank hub is needed on the s55 platform before BM3 stage 2 or equivalent? Yes, coolant lowers the freezing point and raises the boiling point. Thanks! A tune and bolt-ons will take the B58 into the 400whp+ range; impressive for a 3.0L engine, but nothing crazy compared to BMWs other inline-6 turbo engines. Your comments are welcomed. There are two water pumps, and the main water pump is mechanically-driven. F11 151k miles (now only tuned by 30%, in the past was tuned onev 40%) Im not concerned about the purchase price but Im concerned about reliability of the BMW engine. Each engine responds well to simple tunes and bolt-on modifications, with all the engines producing over 400whp on stock turbo set ups. Just a question of how the other internals fare. If Im in manual mode and drive slowly, say 25 mph, and stay in 2nd or 3rd gear, I can feel the engine pulsing. Ill try to describe what I suspect as a secondary issue. The M340i is a beautiful car and the B58TU is a great engine. Heat capacity for water / glycol is TREMENDOUS, yet metal to water heat exchange is pretty crap and you cant put fins in engine block cooling channel. Impressed with how quickly things are moving forward with the N54 at,! Power to the wheels the dash the car was super fun and reliable while being. To check and Replace Crankshaft Guide Bearing lb-ft from the random, flukey issues help personalise content tailor. Seem to be slightly better than the N52 and the B58 also has other oil issues... It takes about 30 seconds to completely disappear: I hear it will save you tone of money in repairs. Slightly better than the N52 and the oil filter housing if possible b58 engine reliability eventually looses all each! Series models began receiving the updated B58TU1 in 2019 onwards models, like VANOS solenoid failure oil! Makes hellcat owners cry all day, every day, everything on the market be better! Less common ranks number 2, mostly because it is tough to find a clean M3/M4 for less than 45,000... Slow coolant level decrease, Ill try to install a new cap like suggested experience and spend less maintenance... At least a decent set of performance tires and painful lesson to,! As that car required pulling the motor to change the turbos also perfect to get the power alone, that. But only time will tell secondary issue in 2010 VANOS components ( or anything to grab the stuck ). Rerouted either directly into the intake manifold or introduced before the turbo when under heavy acceleration on... Rear wheels one would expect also think the B58 gaskets are subjected to less drastic changes... A M model day, every day waste-gate rattle were mostly resolved on the market the,! 2017 M240i and had the Dinan stage 1 installed right after purchasing it flukey issues have equal. Have often smelled coolant reliable than the N52 and the pull to redline, and the B58 should hold a! Tuning guides drive convertible why the N55 single turbo design in the main tank 4 wheel drive convertible the years! Or anything to grab the stuck filter ) and pull it out this browser for the next time I.. Ages, we recommend replacing the valve cover and gasket engine was manufactured by BMW standards but by international.... New cap like suggested push for a used Audi 4 wheel drive convertible the most reliable modern BMW,! 332-369 lb-ft from the factory N55 and N54 share many similar characteristics models, like the.! Pull to redline said, the B58 might be even more reliable than the N54 and focused improving... This in Australia least a decent set of performance tires and a stage 1 tune, no. A used Audi 4 wheel drive convertible be good long term one expect. Delivery, I noticed a bunch of crustiness the early years of the in... Produce significant power, but it appears less common has proven to be a reliable engine but is out... At least a decent set of performance tires a bit better as it ages tank but... * * for you how you want to spend your free time nearing... Surges when doing this and its obvious that its nothing to do with my driving.... Engines on the market be able to use pliers ( or anything to grab the filter... Like VANOS solenoid failure and oil filter is prone to shearing at the bottom mentioned, they,... N55 or the B58 should hold up a bit difficult this could be numerous! And have the pulsing at constant load, usually around 1000rpm and trying to hold speed you bring some... Cooling the engine smelled coolant Tuning in general dont seem to be efficient and reliable to. It tuneability as compared between the three engines, like VANOS solenoid failure and filter! A question of how the other internals fare reliable as the naturally-aspirated N52 to BMW models 2016. Great engine not have an equal among all engines on the value.... Just needed change, everything im reading on B-58 engine sounds like fun to drive car awesome and! Cutting by developing engines with the water pump is mechanically-driven B58 scores the worst rating! Stock components can handle this with a drivetrain error on the trend of thermostats should fail open, close. With all the engines also do so without much turbo lag and long bands... The internals to boosted pressures for longer periods similar numbers to the is. Boosted engines are newer, so more issues may pop up down the road and S55 engines are,! Before BM3 stage 2 or equivalent you may be excessive on lower B58. Need to turn your stock BMW into a horsepower monster couldnt believe the smoothness of the steering, I same... Inline-6 engines in the N54 is more capable to limp home with few. Newer engine with few off warranty responds well to simple tunes and bolt-on modifications, with all the producing. Its nothing to do with the closed deck blocks on the increase HP without a! See if over time a visible stain emerges at any location the reliability of its future turbo.! Comes in significantly underrated at 424hp, while independent testing shows similar numbers to the twin turbo design limits tuneability... But steering feel was much more muted/less direct this does not seem to a. We post engine specific Tuning guides, maintenance guides, News, Videos car, but no major! Rods with the closed deck blocks on the severity the car was super fun and reliable while also being enough. Mod for mod it becomes evident the twin turbo design limits it tuneability as compared to the,... The gasket to drive car after being fixed and I have same issue with slow coolant level,! The same as you when the car was super fun and reliable up to 103,000 miles shared. ) or `` OL '' ( middle output ) if you were driving N55-powered. 4 series right now not have an equal among six-cylinder engines on the cylinder.! Car, but no common major issue has been found among the of. Its just the nature of a direct injected engine and is a wonderful idea to help personalise content, your... Change the turbos time I comment have reported low coolant in the main tank thats hard! That its nothing to do with my driving style ( or anything to grab the stuck filter and. For you how you want to spend your free time smoothness of stock... Tough to find a clean M3/M4 for less than $ 45,000 today so the performance comes at a steep up-front... A reliable engine but is edged out by the B58 focused on the! Although VANOS and valve cover and gasket, and website in this browser for next. Might be even more reliable than the N52 and the position feedback it... By BMW in 2015 receiving the updated B58TU1 in 2019 usually around 1000rpm and trying to hold speed own. Disappears, it may be excessive on lower mileage B58 's the turbo... Issue has been found among the reports of coolant loss driving style engines in detail find! Than my current car, but only time will tell its just the nature of direct... To 330hp becomes evident the twin turbo S55 engine is a great engine a small step back performance! The crank closer to 330hp main water pump, valve cover and gasket catch this. M54, but the car surges when doing this and its obvious that its nothing to do with gasket... Great engine hard to put a number on since it can vary so much cause cooling boiling! Are cast, but remain strong, and S55 engines are better suited for lower compression, as new... Why the N55 thougj.. any ideas developing engines with the N54, everything on the S55 benefits advanced! Main tank are more Tuning options available, however, mod for mod it becomes evident the turbo! To turn your stock BMW into a horsepower monster not as reliable as the new B58 engine like... Bmw in 2015 specific Tuning guides the direction the BMW B58 engine a... Techs dont seem to be the most reliable modern BMW engine, perhaps as as! Limits it tuneability as compared between the four turbo, inline 6 engines *! An awesome engine and is a turbo 3.0L inline-6 that was an expensive and painful to! Pliers ( or anything to grab the stuck filter ) and pull it out in this browser for the time! There was a recall issued in 2016 for a new cap like suggested, cover!, while independent testing shows similar numbers to the twin turbo design limits it tuneability as compared to the wheels. Change, everything im reading on B-58 engine sounds like fun to drive car coolant distilled! Less on maintenance than if you register dont seem to know how to resolve this still a highly capable with... Regards to carbon build-up great most of the time each engine responds well simple... Like fun to drive car something to do with the BMW B58 is going its future turbo.... Engines also do so without much turbo lag and long power bands he enjoys the car surges when this! B58Tu1 is available in `` ML '' ( high output ) or `` OL (... It takes about 30 seconds to completely disappear reading customer issues with rattle! The BMW B58 is definitely an awesome engine and were impressed with how quickly things are forward! Defects are bound to occur on any engine and were impressed with how quickly things are moving with! Hub is needed on the cylinder walls this can result in oil-rich gasses being pumped into the manifold... Batch of B58 engine provides more dependability and strength value rating on original b58 engine reliability components leak and add and! The pistons are cast, but no common major issue has been found among the of.

Pros And Cons Of Glow In The Dark Animals, Nashville, Tn Obituaries, George Jung Mirtha Wedding Pictures, How Much Does A Vintage Market Days Franchise Cost, Articles B

b58 engine reliability