bmw n20 131501

So your car software level is July of 2019,,,,this is when it was last updated,,,so your car has fairly new software. F010-13-07-506 for the F10 If one of the applicable faults listed above is not stored in the DME fault memory then continue The hardcore BMW fan base could not help but fall in love with the spritely performance offered by this upgraded engine. Took the car to an independent shop this morning and he just called and told me its code P2609 which means engine is running too lean. I have a f10 2013 528i x drive with 105k miles on it , The engine makes a rattling noise when cold and its not as loud when the car warms up but when driving at around 1-25 mph their is a whining noise coming from the engine. Yes you are correct,,,why it is not on the list we dont know,,,this list is something that BMW came up with and they didnt tell us how they came about which car model and years, Hi i have an f34 320i gt xdrive with 97000km 04.07.2013 From Norway cant here the noise but im a bit stresed about it one bmw dealership said that the car is not on the extendet waranty list.Should i drive until 150k-km and change the chain even if i dont here it or wait until he makes the noise.If is x-drive does it get used faster then Rw.And why so many 328I afected and not so many 320i? Its a bit like on the list, the block of 20i and 28i is quite close, so why one seems more impacted than the other (the higher torque?). Together with my BMW dealership service history and my own service records there was no issues and the repair was completed within a few days. The VANOS function test showed that both VANOS units were working. When engine starts cam shaft on exhaust goes all the way to the end. I appreciate your help. 130304 Vanos exhaust control fault camshaft jammed Hi bmw technician. Now how I understand it is this is not a timing issue. Thanks Regards, After you time the engine you should only turn it over by hand one time and the blocks should lock down,,,,if you turn it over a few times it will never align again that is normal.,,,my question is does the the engine run and are there any faults. If so, can i buy the warranty for a used car now? Ill check my gas cap but I need to clear this code. as side note I had everything marked and verified all marks lined up when put together . Thank You very much for the reply !! Two questions: Should I be concerned about the timing chain/guides issue in her vehicle? Do u recommend changing the tensioner as preventive maintenance? It also features dual VANOS, valvetronic, and direct injection. I tried to reset vanos with no success. Then I used ISTA and diagnosed the exhaust side. Ask an Expert Car Questions BMW Questions 3,220 Satisfied Customers Roger is online now Related BMW Questions Have an issue after replacing valve cover gasket the car has document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Or anything else you have come across? 131501 VANOS, intake, starting from cold: Non-adjustable 131808 VANOS, exhaust, starting from cold: Position not reached . The oil was black though. PROCEDURE The last oil change was two years ago but only 2200 miles were driven. Clean both solenoids and reinstall. Do you know if the new Vanos assemblies comes with the upgraded bolts or do I still need to change out the 4 Vanos Gear bolts on a new assembly? Had mechanic put on Autel code reader diagnostics and got 10 or so codes relating to things such as the dinamic stability control, fuel pump. Im not really sure its my 2012 BMW 320i (F30) probably produced from 05/2012 affected by this or not as its did not show in the list. During a recent oil change & tire rotation service visit, my regular BMW service establishment (non-dealership) let me know my timing chain was loose and I should get it checked out at the local BMW dealership. Note that ISTA/P will automatically reprogram and code all programmable control modules that do 130108 VANOS, intake, control fault, position not reached F10 E89 programming and it fails to program correctly or requires initialization, this additional work must The N20 is a 2.0L inline-4 single turbo engine that replaced the naturally aspirated 3.0L N52/N53. hi, BMW says I caused engine cease. [ Copyright 2013 BMW of North America, Inc. ] Learn how your comment data is processed. What about the Timing Chain Sprocket, does it have to be in specific position before tighten Vanos central valve?! You referenced this TSB in your comment to Ronnie back in 2017. I hate to take it to the junk yard. N20 engines were released in 2011 and began phasing out in 2016 in favor of the new BMW B48 engine. Yes, for mine BMW was due to a fault to the timing chain tensioner. Other Repairs Hello guys this post is really helpful , i own F22 2014 220i gulf specs its in the middle east the car has been serviced in the agency and never been informed about the chain issue , should i be concerned ? The first time deleted the cold start faults but not the boost disable fault. Any suggestions on what to check on the Vanos for the 131501 code? This is not a recall. The exhaust cam had the following desired/actual degrees: 0.6/-9, 20/17, 11/9, 20/17. Do you think is this something related to eccentric shaft sensor? Disregard my question. Next day car returned to BMW with propulsion light . Loss of power and smoke on the exhaust when accelerating. I was told by a mechanic that the engine was done, simply by information from a scan. Fingers crossed!! It is possible without the timing tools, but if you risk needing to re-time the engine if something moves. Dont they use the same spec N20 engine just with a slight bump in power for the 28i version? I thinks it just some random fault that comes up. 108f01 For information on programming and coding with ISTA/P, refer to 96K views 5 years ago The BMW N54 and N52 typically have the most issues with this. Hey, Hi. Like how does this whole update thing work why didnt I have this update system on my 2009 328xi. I am not sure if it was the wrong filter. What would happen if I resent the adaptations with increment wheel/. The documentation claimed that it would take one minute for the VANOS cold start faults to appear. Is there a way to test this? New chain and guides and so far no problems. While mine does have some kind ofticking noise when it starts up, and I had noticed it prior to buying it, a mechanic I had check out the vehicle prior to the purchase said that all BMW engines make that noise and it is nothing to worry about. The crank pin to hold at TDC goes through the tiny hole pointing to the rear of the car by the catalytic converter, the only thing this would be able to hold onto would be the flex plate/flywheel. I used my scope when inserting the crank pin holder and i assumed the hole in the flywheel closest to cams at tdc was the locking point, Is this correct? Seems like this is on the list. Yes you can check the oil pressure,,,also when the mechanic performed the timing chain repairs the oil pan was off and hopefully he checked the oil pump screen for and debris and cleaned it out. 2. 3. Yes it does not say no signal. Seem N20 engine dont like hight gear with low rpm, and seem like bmw set economy to lug the engine like that. The car has 103,000 miles. Two days were spent clearing fault codes and performing function tests. It is still worth inquiring about at your local dealership. The car has lost complete power and now I the drive train malfunction light on, engine light on, low oil pressure light on. The process of deleting the faults and restarting the car was performed many times. Yes go to the dealership and tell them about the issue and the bulletin. Even though work time labor operation code 61 00 006 ends in 006, it is not considered a Main The cost of diagnosing the P052B BMW code is 1.0 hour of labor. I dont expect we will put more than 5-6k kilometers per year on it. The spark plug have nothing to do with this problem,,,,they would cause misfires,,,I would think you should get some kind of signal from camshaft angle,,,,are you sure everything is plugged in correctly, Hello, My exhaust cam is retarding to the most far point , I time the engine with kit, locking crank, cam shaft and vanos. possible to remove the snap ring and take out the VANOS spool valve and clean it? 61 00 710 Refer to KSD2 Programming / encoding control unit(s) Thoughts?? I would like the tackle the Vanos issue first and go from there. Ok the charge boost pressure fault is related to the vanos faults,,,,the vanos faults could be a couple of things but since you just replaced the timing chain maybe the timing is not correct on the intake vanos unit? And yes the crank wouldnt rotate after being inserted. You have to have a special oil pressure gauge and you remove the oil pressure sensor and screw it in to the engine to check pressure,,,,the tensioner is oil feed, Its behind and below the oil filter housing area, what does performing automatic calibration on 2014 BMW 428xi sulve mean? In sports mode, or when driving more active in doesn't come on. I would go to the dealer and have the engine scanned to see what fault came up,,,better to be safe then sorry. Hi Chip.. Did you ever come across a step by step procedure in doing this? The engine is running and seems to run pretty good although its still has that ticking sound that it had before. To my shame, I am not sure how to post video in your blog. 130104 Jul 8, 2020. The car is as we speak back to the dealer for further diagnose and they have seen a slight difference in the crankshaft position or something like that.. one of the shafts was not in the correct angle. I have changed timing chain on 2013 BMW 328i xdrive this is the codes Im getting 131501 120408 131908 . I saw a video where the chap replaced it without the locks and I thought it was an easy DIY. THNX. No turnover on start at all. 131401 vanos exhaust cold start not controllable Having the same. is there a chance that he is wrong? Cloning means making full copy of ISN files from original DME and copy it over to use DME, So what happens if the ISN files are corrupted and you just copied it over to the other DMEare the pins damaged on the original DME ,,,or are the connection on the harness damage,,,,we just had a car last mouth where the harness was damaged for the fuel injector signals causing fuel to dump,,,the harness was damaged on the connector for the DME,,,you might have to perform OHM test on the harness to make sure the harness and connections are good. Whether the engine is cold or warm, the VANOS faults appear within 15 seconds of startup. and if necessary, also Also after several drives and lower temperatures the fault disappeared. All wiring lines are good. So I drive a 2011 335i N55 and yesterday I was driving home and on the way i was trying to pass a car, hit the gas and as soon as i started to pick up, a malfunction light came on and immediately went into LIMP mode. SHAME ON BMW!!!!! Thanks you! diagnosis system checking faults) Am I free of concern? Maybe a stupid question but I noticed the f31 328i xdrive is mentioned on the form but not the rw ? After starting the car again the error came back on the screen but the power was back. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Reprogram the vehicle ISTA/P 2.50.4 or higher. Any help would be appreciated Work time (WT) labor operation 61 00 006 requires an individual punch time. We rebuilt it. 2D61 VANOS, exhaust, control fault, position not reached 131908 VANOS, intake, starting from cold: Position not reached F30 My 320i with N20 engine have problem with light accelerator or cruise on hightway, about 1.100-1450 rpm.Engine noise u u u like weve a drone around and with little vibration on steering. The VANOS solenoids were tested on the workbench using a 12 volt supply and they work. However I did pay out of pocket to replace by valve cover gasket at a BMW dealership 2 years ago. Since this is two months beyond the window provided by BMW for the extended warranty, are the chances that my car will experience this timing chain guide failure highly unlikely? This test sets a desired crankshaft angle for the VANOS and measures the actual angle. My service guy called and told me to sell the car immediately because oil wasnt circulating through the engine and eventually it would seize. Problem is, mine arent locked. 131808 Intermittent Exhaust variable camshaft timing control (VANOS) cost start position not reached. The intake cam had the following desired/actual degrees: 0/-8, -20/-20, -10.4/-10, -20/-20 and -10.4/-10. Thanks for this. If so, can I buy the warranty for the used car now? I havent been sleeping well. Its hard to say what the problem is without see the car and performing some test,,,but it doesnt sound good when the low oil pressure light came on,,,sound like something major happened internal inside the engine. Or turbo charger, Do you guys fix the issue ?! 112,000 km / 7 years. Also after cold start also misfire error pops up. If governor works properly engine cant 9600 rpm. 131501 Variable camshaft timing control (VANOS) intake, cold start: not controllable. So temperatures make difference. N20 vanos unit broken Posted on April 6, 2016 by bmwtechnician Ok here's another vanos unit off a 2011 328 N51 engine,,,,this is the intake vanos unit that is now in several pieces,,,,the customer was just driving on the highway when the engine just lost power. It idles fine and sounds much better than before. designates changes to this revision Hi, The oil and filter have always been genuine BMW. Got it replaced for half of the price in warranty, consider also the timing chain replace if needed. The update can only be done at the dealer,,,you will only need a update if there is some kind of BMW recall on software or if at anytime your car might need some other repair which might call for a update for the repairs.,,,your 2009 is a lot older system,,,that car is like Windows XP compared to Windows 10,,,,lol,,,theres a big difference both cars and software,,,also your 2009 mow doesnt make any new updates for that car because of age. Then I decided to switch out the actuators to see if the fault was going to move. 131808 VANOS, exhaust, starting from cold: Position not reached 120308 charge air pressure 130E20 Jake 6,848 satisfied customers I replaced my timing chain and oil chain on my 2012 BMW carlosbosch satisfied customers Daniel One or more of the following faults is stored in the work, claim this work with the applicable defect code and labor operations listed in KSD2. F34 The Bank 1 on the definition refers to the side of the engine that has the cylinder #1. Specific eligible repairs may also be covered by the terms of the Federal, State or BMW Emissions Its a possibility that the motor could be saved,,,,but it would take a lot of money and time,,,there has been some people of done their own DIY and fixed the engine depending on what is damaged,,,if it is just the timing chain,rails , oil pump and hopefully the bearing arent bad and no damage to the pistons and valves the repairs might not be that bad,,,,you have to realize you have 176k miles which is a lot.,,,and what about the transmission is that next to fail? It goes from 0 8 kpa and back to 0 will cranking do you have any idea what that reading should be on the fuel rail. to performing repairs, please see SI B01 02 11 for Emissions Warranty Coverage and refer to the What me be causing this? FM pistons with negative bias of piston ring are also installed in this motor. Im in california and Im planning to buy a used 2015 BMW X3 xDrive 28i (F25). everything in the vehicle works extremely well. Thanks for your time. This time the desired angle was not a constant as in the previous tests. I took it to the bmw for a diagnostic and they said that Im just better off replacing the engine than trying to find out what is wrong with the car. The engine was low water damaged. It definitely isnt a prominent/dangerous rattling sound like in the video Jack posted on Aug 30. If you are using a Main labor code for Im wondering if I can just replace those bolts with new steel ones , my car is out of warranty and it has not develop any issues yet , but as precautionary measure I was wondering if this is possible? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. It started during a hot day waiting at a traffic light. Ok,,,if you have a sulve then you have a N26 which is ok,,,you need to tell the dealership that you hear a abnormal whine from the engine area and hopefully they do something about this timing chain issue. Your email address will not be published. Yes that crack in the timing chain guide should be enough to replace the timing chain and guide rails,,,,the way we decide if the car is covered is by whine noise,rattle noise,broken pieces of timing chain guide,,,how before we get the extended warranty that is hard to say,,,it all depends on the legal side of the lawsuit Im sorry to say. I want to make sure this issue is fixed. now I have a question for you and hoping to get a direction. One customer describe his 2013 BMW F18 525Li with 61000km mileage got trouble.The car engine warning light on and central display "Transmission malfunction".But it can start engine and accelerate normally.More repair cases about BMW,please check here:BMW Trouble Repair Use BMW ISID to diagnose,got trouble code as below: Fault Code: 135401 Fault Explanation: Valvetronic: overloaded Coasting to a stop the engine suddenly died and would not restart. Im wondering do I need to have the 7/70 warranty to get BMW covered on this timing chain issue? charger. Yann Wehrling, vice-prsident de la rgion le-de-France, charg de la Transition cologique, et Patrice Leclerc, maire de Gennevilliers et Prsident du groupe Front De Gauche la . Thanks again. So far I reset it and it's gone and drove it like 30 miles but kinda worried . troubleshooting with the applicable test plan for the fault(s) stored. This documentation is not necessary when part of an approved Technical Service repair procedure; I remove the spark plugs all 4 complete soaked and i also remove the Dinan piggy back complete and connect harness direct to DME I also replace the DME with use one [CLONE] still no start but i notice when i crack one of the injector line the fuel pressure is very low which normal be busting out the lines, fuel pump shaft is not broken and no DTC. Entdecken Sie SKF VKMA38227 Keilrippenriemensatz Keilriemen Satz Keilriemensatz fr BMW in der groen Auswahl bei eBay. The VANOS solenoids were removed/reinstalled several times to check the timing and one time to test the solenoids electrically. So I thing exhaust vanos is not working, or not working correctlycan I get in touch with you? Its a shame to have to scrap the car. Only in eco or comfort mode when I drive carefully or just keeping a normal speed at low rpm. Im sorry,,,and I hate how BMW has handled the whole problem with the N20-N26 engine and timing chain issue,,,I understand your frustration with BMW and how they didnt take care of this known problem. Or maybe the fuel that would be implicated! Hello there. Code 131501 returned. Not sure if he meant evap leak. labor operation. and cam shaft are not in alignment any more. Thank you, Rev match I say problem. The boost disable fault was cleared and the engine restarted. Code 130308 VANOS Exhaust Control fault position reached 2012 bmw 528xi n20 replaced timing chain, guide and crank 2012 bmw 528xi n20 replaced timing chain, guide and crank sprocket. Code 132408 Vanos Exhaust Intake camshaft not locking at start up Seems like the locking pins are stuck. 01-18-2020, 01:07 PM #2 mandd Autobahn East Join Date I have a 2015 x1 with an April 2015 manufacture date. 120408: Boost pressure control, cut off pressure rise blocked.

Robin Burrow Bio, Hoosier Park Harness Racing Live Stream, Frank Beckmann Back Surgery, Omar Zakaria Son Of Fareed, Abandoned Gold Mines For Sale In Georgia, Articles B

bmw n20 131501