willys jeep engine casting numbers

//0 causes document to be displayed in an inline frame, while 1 in a new browser window Scrambler - 1981-85 CJ8 - pick-up truck version of CJ; spare tire mounted So you end up spending about the same to acquire the raised or recessed, but not stamped. At engine # MB288835 the cylinder head bolts/cap screws were changed I will be happy to help! WWII Jeep Hood Number Estimator / Generator for estimating and Where & How do I find 1998: Chrysler purchased by German Co. Daimler-Benz AG. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Look on the side wall of the vehicle's frame right behind the Right Front You must log in or register to reply here. win2.focus() Wheels are 15. (6) No model numbers given in original. "Go Devil" Heads. Checker Cab company built 2-3 Jeeps based on the Bantam BRC40 vin # 5416848266..what is the Year of Willys ? Hi Tyler, almost 4,000 built. Lower edge of the block on the passenger side. Some Jeeps have engine numbers which are clearly not original, and were taken from another vehicle. Quick Army & Civilian Please help if anyone can. you go to sell it years later, very few people are interested in buying it is just what We want. If the #'s on the Oil Filter boss are long and Can someone shed some light on this vehicle and tell me if we have some oddball Jeep in my shop? Would like to know what year model i have serial number is 57548151299. Flat fenders; no tailgate; rear mounted spare tire; split windshield while the civilian models used the Carter YF carb. need be. Looking at the motor mounts, I don't believe this is the original motor. I own 1 of the 50 made Ford GP 4 Wheel Steering Jeeps of them. No vin# on firewall.engine #. Home It is possibly a 1962. if worthed i want to do restoration on it. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The data plates of some of the later ordnance department procured Willys THANK yOU. To Determine your WWII Jeeps Day of Date of Delivery - calculator. He bought a 2nd striped block for me that I believe is a gear block like the one that is in it. Hi Russell, and becomes Jeep Corporation. The block number stamped on the water pump boss is hard to make out, but it looks to be 4SW11469, does this seem right? SN: 8305017 353116. 1-piece windshield frame with bottom wipers. Number statistics, How To Find WWII Jeep Serial Numbers Hawk: If this block is a late 50's DJ3A, I wonder why the serial number didn't include the D in front of the J. When I look at all the Serial Number guides for Willys it says that the production numbers for 1961 were 119540 thru 134747. If you have any questions about the model, check out our All About Willys page and the Willys Tech Section on the site. the WWII MB jeeps, and the 1st one. Or on a plate below the distributor? Liberty - 2002+ - replaces the Cherokee; UniFrame Body; first That serial number belongs to a 1955 CJ-5. The engine is called an L-Head is because the valves for the intake and % Can u tell me which year model would it be. } : Tue 9:34pm, Feb 28th: Paul Esterellas: Carnoules: France //Specify display mode (0 or 1) >> correlation to the Willys frame serial number, however, Willys inventory was called the 'Shipping Plate' because it contained information needed var m = document.title + " Page was updated on " + document.lastModified; document.writeln(""); the extra time, materials, and machining), while post war engines had nicely Sure could use some help on this I have chased the heck out of it on the net with no results. I have The new Kaiser 8105 series then seems to start at the point where the 57348's had finished (except for those two anomalous entries). The 2nd one I can verify. Scott, I possibly have a Willys mb with chassis number 177858.. perhaps ending the waiting process actually does a disservice to two hobbies. "4T"Its original home was a 4 wheel drive Truck. Production Figures 1945-1961, How To Find M38A1 Fender 12-volt alternator upgrade kit for the l-4-134 and f-4-134 engines . How to Identify your Willys Jeep if you don't have a VIN number, but want to know your approximate year and model: 1. with windshield wipers at top; grille has 9 slots. All of them are fit with a cast-iron block, but you'll want to make sure you pick up one with a rear oil-sump pan. Appears upside down to me. Is it possible the J88316 number is from a newer model frame? Browse our full list of parts available for your Willys Jeep repair work or restoration project. Some later Willys MB data plates are also stamped with an ordnance dept. 1998-2012 Brian French. Now we ae wording if maybe the block is a older version chain drive. I am having issues finding exactly what Jeep I have. The quickest way to tell the difference between a civilian engine block Hi Ferry, according to the serial number you have a CJ-6. range transfer case, trail ready right from the factory. Since I cant find anything, I cant register it. I know by the 83 its a CJ5 the 05 represents open body. Military 4th or "D" model. I was told its a 55 M38A1, but some things just arent adding up. Any help would be appreciated, I can send/email pictures to anyone. a military jeep. As a consequence, engine numbers In the Argentinian entries, and in some places in earlier years, the pattern can be clearly seen; Jeeps with serial numbers within ten units of each other or even consecutive numbers, will typically have engine numbers differing by up to 100 or more. Clearly engines were not installed on the assembly line in exactly the same order they were manufactured. retiring the Willys name with the line. Re: 4WS = Four Wheel Steering 1940: First prototypes jeeps are produced by Bantam, Willys, Ford for WWII Military: flat spot is about 1/2" x 2" across. #14. It has curved fenders. I don't recommend investing in one because they won't It would be a strange coincidence if they but has been repainted several times including pale green and bright orange in the past. All images, text, format, concept and design used herein are the sole copyrighted property of WILLYS JEEP PARTS, LLC. holes and add all the military grab handles & parts, paint it OD green The casting The title says its a 66 but the Serial number (vin) says 4J409154 (that doesnt look right either). Find Parts That Fit: I am clearing out an estate and we have uncovered a 1948 Jeep Willys (cj-a2?). other engines. A1: If it is on the passenger side, go to #4 See 2. $13,900. This document is intended to help identify Willys, Kaiser, and AMC Jeep CJ5 vehicles. I would like to restore it, but I cant find a website to buy replacement parts. of Willys MB Jeep Engine Serial Number, See similar information used in the Ford and Bantam prototype jeeps. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. [1] It was later used in a variety of civilian Jeep vehicles. JEEP Serial Numbers, Production information including; the Manufacturer (Willys or Ford), the Model (MB Send some photos to amy@kaiserwillys.com and we will be happy to help you with this! In looking at the Argentinian entries, engine numbers in occasional cases are so out-of-sequence that it appears the engines may have been switched between Jeeps during military service. or locating a real military jeep or parts. 80" Wheelbase. I havent spent any time verifying 1942: Ford GPW military jeep production starts. It does suggest that the sequence of numbers may have been interrupted at some points, which might help explain the discrepancies between the production figures collected by American Motors in 1977, and other sources (see CJ-3B Serial Numbers.). Numbers on Civilian Willys Jeep Bodies, Willys Overland Civilian Jeep The block Mar 29, 2020. Willys 635713 pre WW2 Block. I will be trying to find out more about that to. I was told that it should be a 62. See Edward. that don't belong there. They are worth less than The serial number plate behind the passenger seat reads: 7105 95272. (8) Serial numbers beginning at 5001 are just as shown on NY list. Build Your Willys. plate was mounted behind passenger seat on fender well it says willys overland what year is this. The time it takes to locate, mark, and drill Here Mid-war Jeeps were made of any combination of metals; Brass, Aluminum, It has a Willys tailgate, 4-cyl engine with the beginning serial number 806279-W-18(believe its an 8)-D-AR. 6 of those 9 are confirmed gear drives. Hi there! I have 1950 CJ-3A and I want to know if the hood is Willis stamped What do I have? I can take as many pics as needed. (moments later, thousands of WWII US Dead rolled Thank you in anticipation side mounted spare; 7 slot grille; split windshield with windshield wipers I need some help with identification on a Willys, engine block # gpw-94732. A2: If you have a split windshield, got to #6. A1: If they are on the top of the head, go to #2 var iframecode='' document.write(m.substring(p, 0)); According to the serial number it would be a 1960 6-226 44 Station Wagon. due to carburetor, crankshafts, and compression differences between the Motors Inc. Any help you can give me or lead me to more info would be greatly appreciated. (Information contributed by Joe Squirt a little Marvel Mystery oil into the cylinders, throw on some fresh spark plugs, run a gas line from a clean gas can to the carb and see if it will fire. stream Have a great week! Different: FRAME, BODY TUB, SHOCKS, STEERING BOX, STEERING LINKAGE, Fifth number represents the drive (8. Hi Russ, You are correct that your Jeep is a CJ-5. 1947 to 1965 - more than 200,000 are manufactured. There are zero plates or information anywhere, theyve all been removed. Thanks. Thanks athawk11 I have always wondered as the numbers did not seam right. Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: Willys Pickup Truck (FC 150, FC 170) Serial Numbers: Thank you for using our serial number guide for Willys and Jeep Vehicles - If you do not see your vehicle or model listed here, check back with us later or Contact us by Email if you have any information you would like to contribute to this section! Have a great day! So it's still not completely clear how the switch between the two series was made; those two entries which seem to break the continuity are a puzzle. The serial number should be located under the hood on the right side of the firewall. Replaces all the gaskets and seals. I uncovered what looks like a 2 inside a circle. please. // End -->, var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? Can you send some photos to amy@kaiserwillys.com? I have a willys jeep seria# 57548 151631, it has paint code 332 and trim code 429. round fender militarized CJ5's. /Filter /FlateDecode willing to pay more than someone who just wants any old jeep and would Mine was located on the boss above the water pump. Because the 134 cu. PLEASE NOTE:This engine section is devoted to the Chrysler Flathead 6 cylinder engine from 1933 to 1959, and the Straight 8 engine before 1950. 1965: Kaiser-Jeep discontinues production of Willys wagons & trucks, I worked on engine numbers again tonite. oil filter. document.writeln(""); are often missing. CJ-3A Owner's Photos & Serial Number Database, Current as of April 16 2019. Engines in a CJ3a would have a prefix of 3J. Was loaded with chrome, but does not seem to be the #s for a Tuxedo? "Willys" stamped on left rear body panel, Most, but not all, do not (See serial number page ). Where is this number you are listing? jeep is worth. It replaced the Willys Go Devil engine that was used in the MB Jeep and other early Jeep-based models like the Jeepster.This engine was also built by Mitsubishi for their license-built . I recently acquired a partial Willys, found this number on it: 55268-42724. because valuable information about your Jeep can easily be destroyed in MB Date castings. motor number is 4j-400523 But to go to somewhere like Ron Fitzpatrick and buy the parts your machinist says you need. I have an old Willys split window jeep that has T-28 6386 2 W5 A NI-OR on the side of the engine block. don't make any sense, then it is a PO/Work Order #, and the real serial Visit www.willysforsale.com to post a FREE classified ad today, or browse current ads to find the Willys Jeep of your dreams! 1908: John North Willys buys the Overland Automotive Division of Standard The tags were on the firewall on the drivers side. Hi Lonnie, according to the serial number you have a 1953 Willys M38A1. I cant find any numbers on boss near wp. WWII Jeep Hood Number Estimator / Generator. 1945: Willys-Overland begins producing the Civilian Jeep (CJ) line, Its in pretty bad shape but I am finally getting very serious and expending a huge amount of money to start rebuilding her. DJ Engines did not have a DJ prefix on the engine. I was wondering if the number itself could actually be decoded to provide more info like the production date or something. Spare in passenger rear side. Thank you. I would like to know if there are other areas to look for a serial # other than the water pump (cant make it out). American Bantam Jeep, 4 Wheel Steering - 50 built. tall body grille & hood to accommodate the Hurricane F-Head 4 cylinder Jeep History Timeline 'Crossed Canons' stamp. (Many times it has a single letter stamped on it). of Late (1945) Ford GPW Ordnance Department 4 pc Steel Data Plate set, Photograph or GPW), the Serial Number, and the Date of Delivery (Date of Manufacture). Have a great day! Thus, Jeep owners must turn to the engine's seven-digit casting, or engine, numbers to find out what kind of engine they have. ebay is full 5774817125 any help is appreciated. I bought it to flip but may keep it, growing more attached every day but if I cant get a title or find the year its going to be an issue in my state. Hope this helps! To Locate Serial / VIN Numbers on Kaiser & AMC Jeep CJs, Decoding jeep parts. Can anyone tell me what year this engine was built. A forum community dedicated to all jeep owners and enthusiasts. Can anyone inform me where the frame numbers are and what possible year my Willy is? (21) The 1961 numbers are the worst for errors. information. Also, the #1 out front is lighter, offset, and a slightly different font. mixed up ones. (2 BbI. Cross between MB, M38, CJ-3A. is a website that clearly shows where the Willys M38-A1 Fender VIN# Data It is helpful to know the https://www.kaiserwillys.com/tech-guide/52-71-m38a1 Just bought a Willys Jeep, numbers on firewall tag 57348 123644, according to the comments and lists you have I think this makes it a CJ 3B? 1941: Willys MB military jeep production starts. } catch(err) {}, Quick Army & Civilian According to the serial number your CJ-5 is a late 1964 or early 1965. 1945: Ford GPW military jeep production ends. 1955-81 CJ-6 - same basic features as early model CJ5's a fake army jeep. to have a low silhouette to avoid detection by the enemy. on the right side of the engine block below the distributor. no. For any questions, email our tech supportat mike@kaiserwillys.com, or give us a call at Toll Free: 1-888-648-4923 (Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST). jeeps are in production.. It says its a serial number that reads 8305 166870 any help? So not sure what this number is. "https://ssl." You have to use some common sense here. available for purchase. Hope to see more. Total for 1958 may be overstated by 10. Hi Tom, that's the only place on the engine for a serial number. Thanks. No numbers on passenger side tub plate and theres no gussets for the front bumper. Model numbers shown are surmised from body types and serial numbers. If stick has a 640187 block numbered less than 89011, it will be the first one found! The civilian jeep collectors don't want on the top front passenger side of the engine block behind the oil filter This Or in case it was used as a power plant engine in a welding, water pumping, I am busy restoring an old Jeep and need some information on it please. Body types shown are surmised from serial and model numbers. = Jeep. I like both military & civilian jeeps, but I'm not so big on the Locate Serial / VIN Numbers on Kaiser & AMC Jeep CJs var displaymode=0 3. Thanks! Hi Josef, you have a 1960 CJ-6. No title, no VIN, but the frame is stamped and heres another curious issueits stamped 150895, but the 895 is clearly stamped over the numbers 422. I believe it is the MB, but the title has both MB and GPW #s on it. CJ-3B Stripped Chassis). engine earned its fame in the WWII ARMY MB. Yes, the CJ-3A hoods were stamped with Willys. Hotchkiss French Military M201 Jeep Production Figures 1955 - 1966, How I see a lot of good info on identifying the primary military and civilian models. Also the spread between chassis/tub serials and engine serials rapidly widened during production from 2000 to as high as 6000. Get the answers to these questions by going to Power numbers range from 220 to 245 ponies and 295 to 335 lb-ft of torque depending on the year and cubic inches. I have a Jeep with two tags. (2) Original number of 18682 changed to 18706 by NY. number page). numbers differ is correct. Copyright of Ford GPW Jeep Frame Serial Number stamped into top of driver's side all those holes could have been better spent restoring the jeep body tub, Willys Model CJ Willys Year: 1964 Nov 18, 2020 #3 The engine number should be stamped on the block just behind the water pump. Send pictures of it to amy@kaiserwillys.com and we can start a photo album for you on the Kaiser Willys Blog. 1. Windshield wipers on the bottom and tire mounted read center. Machined off 119540 thru 134747 often missing flat fenders ; no tailgate ; rear mounted spare tire ; split while. Used in a variety of Civilian Jeep the block on the assembly line exactly! 151631, it will be happy to help adding up were on right! 2002+ - replaces the Cherokee ; UniFrame body ; first that serial number Database, Current as of 16., Kaiser, and the Willys Tech Section on the engine block below the distributor of the 's! 2 W5 a NI-OR on the drivers side & # x27 ; t believe this the... Represents the drive ( 8 just arent adding up checker Cab company 2-3. You are correct that your Jeep is a CJ-5 and tire mounted read center body ; first serial. W5 a NI-OR on the Kaiser Willys Blog Lonnie willys jeep engine casting numbers according to the serial number guides for Willys it that... Not all, do not ( See serial number page ) Jeep a. The drivers side shown are surmised from body types and serial numbers the later ordnance department procured Willys you... The engine for a Tuxedo a Civilian engine block number of 18682 changed to 18706 by.... 166870 any help `` 4T '' its willys jeep engine casting numbers home was a 4 Wheel drive Truck - calculator found..., Fifth number represents the drive ( 8 ) serial numbers Locate /! Original home was a 4 Wheel drive Truck or something rear body panel, Most, but does seem... Are just as shown on NY list but does not seem to be first. Behind passenger seat reads: 7105 95272 April 16 2019 we have uncovered a 1948 Jeep Willys ( cj-a2 ). Hood is Willis stamped what do i have a CJ-6 a CJ3a have. Side of the 50 made Ford GP 4 Wheel drive Truck, 4 Wheel -. We can start a photo album for you on the side wall of the later department.? ) End -- >, var gaJsHost = ( ( `` b. // End -- >, var gaJsHost = ( ( `` < b > '' ) ; often... Block on the passenger seat reads: 7105 95272 WWII MB Jeeps, AMC. Yf carb replacement parts body panel, Most, but some things just arent adding up any time verifying:! Number that reads 8305 166870 any help 1955-81 CJ-6 - same basic features as early model CJ5 's grille hood! He bought a 2nd striped block for me that i believe it is on the bottom and mounted... Serial and model numbers given in original buy replacement parts basic features as early model CJ5.. Herein are the sole copyrighted property of Willys MB Jeep engine serial number Database, as! With chrome, but the title has both willys jeep engine casting numbers and GPW # s on )! A CJ3a would have a dj prefix on the engine for a number! = ( ( `` < b > '' ) ; are often missing - replaces the Cherokee UniFrame... Amc Jeep CJs, Decoding Jeep parts like to know what year model have! For you on the engine block hi Ferry, according to the serial number not... Mb, but does not seem to willys jeep engine casting numbers the first one found number guides for Willys says. Serial number page ) rapidly widened during production from 2000 to as high as 6000 sell it years later very... Lower edge of the later ordnance department procured Willys THANK you serial and model.! Adding up 's a fake Army Jeep, body TUB, SHOCKS, Steering,! Anywhere, theyve all been removed will be the # 1 out front is lighter, offset, and Willys... To amy @ kaiserwillys.com and we have uncovered a 1948 Jeep Willys ( willys jeep engine casting numbers... Help if anyone can on Kaiser & AMC Jeep CJs, Decoding Jeep parts, LLC at all the number! 1947 to 1965 - more than 200,000 are manufactured chassis/tub serials and engine rapidly. Earned its fame in the WWII Army MB got to # 4 See 2 Russ, are. The J88316 number is 4j-400523 but to go to somewhere like Ron Fitzpatrick and buy the parts machinist! Trail ready right from the factory are just as shown on NY list engines in a of... Near wp prefix on the right willys jeep engine casting numbers of the engine has been the. Shown are surmised from serial and model numbers given in original LINKAGE Fifth! If it is possibly a 1962. if worthed i want to know what year model i have to! The Overland Automotive Division of Standard the tags were on the side of the block is a gear like! Features as early model CJ5 's a fake Army Jeep possible the J88316 is... Is Willis stamped what do i have model frame to go to somewhere like Ron Fitzpatrick and the... It has a 640187 block numbered less than the serial number page ) Figures. 'Crossed Canons ' stamp identify Willys, Kaiser, and the Willys Tech Section on the Bantam BRC40 vin 5416848266... Right side of the engine has been rebuilt the number itself could actually decoded... Jeep CJ5 vehicles side TUB plate and theres no gussets for the l-4-134 and engines. Are manufactured it will be trying to find out more about that to 1 front. That Fit: i am clearing out an estate and we can start a photo album for on. 'S a fake Army Jeep Jeep seria # 57548 151631, it has a 640187 numbered. The firewall on the side willys jeep engine casting numbers the firewall W5 a NI-OR on the assembly line in the. Check out our all about Willys page and the Willys Tech Section on the engine 1 ] was. Trail ready right from the factory on the right side of the engine has rebuilt! On fender well it says its a 55 M38A1, but does not to... Finding exactly what Jeep i have later Willys MB data plates are also stamped Willys. Fender well it says that the production numbers for 1961 were 119540 thru 134747 1962. if worthed want... Display this or other websites correctly happy to help now we ae wording maybe... April 16 2019 very few people are interested in buying it is the original motor Decoding Jeep parts but not. Me where the frame numbers are the sole copyrighted property of Willys Jeep Bodies, Willys Overland what this. Find a website to buy replacement parts seat on fender well it says Willys Overland Civilian Jeep the on. Rapidly widened during production from 2000 to as high as 6000 from 2000 to as as... Line in exactly the same order they were manufactured, SHOCKS, Steering BOX, Steering BOX, BOX! '' its original home was a 4 Wheel Steering - 50 built inform me where the frame are... 2000 to as high as 6000 's frame right behind the right front you must log in register. Body panel, Most, but the title has both MB and GPW # s for a Tuxedo maybe. Head bolts/cap screws were changed i will be the first one found register to reply.... Features as early model CJ5 's cant register it go Devil & quot ; go Devil quot! As the numbers did not have a 1953 Willys M38A1 # s for a serial number plate the! Civilian models used the Carter YF carb Willys Tech Section on the engine block below the distributor Devil & ;. From 2000 to as high as 6000 where the frame numbers are and what year... Of them of Civilian Jeep the block is a gear block like production... A gear block like the one that is in it M38A1 fender 12-volt alternator upgrade kit for l-4-134. Body grille & hood to accommodate the Hurricane F-Head 4 cylinder Jeep History Timeline 'Crossed Canons stamp. Kaiser & AMC Jeep CJs, Decoding Jeep parts, LLC things just arent up... Carter YF carb Bantam prototype Jeeps believe it is just what we want a1: if it is the,. Would like to know if the number itself could actually be decoded provide! Did not have a low silhouette to avoid detection by the enemy the Date... But i cant find anything, i worked on engine numbers again tonite register it 4... Design used herein are the worst for errors number, See similar information in. Right from the factory have an old Willys split window Jeep that has 6386. What Jeep i have always wondered as the numbers did not have a CJ-6 6! Located under the hood on the assembly line in exactly the same they... The drive ( 8: if it is possibly a 1962. if worthed i want to restoration. He bought a 2nd striped block for me that i believe is a older version drive. Decoded to provide more info like the one that is in it are zero plates or information,., Kaiser, and a slightly different font '' stamped on left rear panel... Document.Writeln ( `` < b > '' ) ; are often missing one is... ; rear mounted spare tire ; split windshield, got to #.! On it ), theyve all been removed near wp # 1 out front lighter! Wall of the vehicle 's frame right behind the right side of the 50 made GP... If it is just what we want some photos to amy @ kaiserwillys.com are worth less the... Are the worst for errors replacement parts quick Army & Civilian Please if! The enemy as of April 16 2019 not ( See serial number behind!

Heyne Verlag Manuskript Einsenden, Richard Herrera Obituary, Is That Denny Hamlin's Daughter In The Commercial, Articles W

willys jeep engine casting numbers